Dr Chen is a physiotherapist with expertise in managing acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries. She undertook a research and clinical career pathway, which led her to publishing several papers on neck pain, and completing her PhD at the University of Queensland (UQ) in 2017.
Having worked in the private sector for many years, Dr Chen consults all musculoskeletal conditions, with special interests in the following conditions:
- acute/chronic neck, back, hip, shoulder & arm pain
- nerve impingement, radiculopathies, disc-related pathologies
- impingement syndromes, bursitis
- whiplash and associated disorders (i.e. dizziness, headaches, visual disturbances)
- concussion syndrome
- cervicogenic (i.e. neck-related) headaches and dizziness
- thoracic outlet syndrome
- Hypermobile Spectrum Disorders (HSDs)
- Hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (hEDS)
- work-related injuries (Workcover claims)
- complex, car accident related injuries (Compulsory Third Party, CTP insurance claims)
She applies a multi-modal approach to her treatment strategy including advice and education, real time ultrasound (RTUS), electrical muscle stimulation, strapping/taping, dry needling, Clinical Pilates, exercise prescription and manual therapy.
Outside of clinical work, Chen contributes review articles to Physio Network, an online platform that connects physiotherapists around the world and help keep them up to date with the latest research in physiotherapy.