- Prevalence of gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, autonomic and allergic manifestations in hospitalized patients with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome: a case-control study by Brooks et al (2021) – abstract link here.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome:
- Mast Cell Activation Syndrome: A Primer for the Gastroenterologist by Weinstock et al (2020) [full text link here].
- Diagnosis of mast cell activation syndrome: a global “consensus-2” by Afrin et al (2020) [full text link here]
- Dr Anne Maitland – Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS): More than just “allergies”
A good video from the EDS Society about MCAS. I found the diagnostic criteria slide most useful.
- Mast Cell Disorders in Ehlers–Danlos Syndrome by Seneviratne et al (2017) – (Full Text link here)
Mast Cell, POTS and EDS:
- The relationship between mast cell activation syndrome, postural tachycardia syndrome, and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (2021) – abstract link here
- The Relationship Between Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (hEDS), Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS), and Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS) (2020) – abstract link here
- Connecting the dots with EDS, POTS, MCAS, GI, Neurological and Physiotherapy in managing pain in EDS by Dr Pradeep Chopra (Assoc Prof in Pain Medicine) – 2018 presentation pdf here, video here.