- Chronic fatigue in Ehlers-Danlos syndrome-Hypermobile type by Hakim et al (2017)
(Free Access to Full Text)
- An audio version of the review I wrote of the same paper published on Physio Network in August 2020
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome by Gaisl et al (2017) [free full text]
- Work Well Foundation resources here
- Heart rate monitor factsheet
- PEM timecourse factsheet
- Energy saving tips
- Stop GET Letter to Healthcare providers
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome on Physiopedia
This resource contains some great links to research papers, and physical activity management strategies.
- Emerge Australia
Melbourne based Not-For-Profit providing education, advocacy, research and support services for people living with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue (ME/CFS). Check out their Information page which includes ME/CFS management tips, and resources to bring to your health professionals – here.
Orthostatic Intolerance and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
This webinar is presented by Dr Peter Rowe, a paediatrician with expertise in orthostatic intolerance and his approaches to treatment in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Dr Rowe is fantastic at explaining such a complex medical topic and its inter-relationships with other conditions. This is a good video to watch and re-watch over time.
- Dysautonomia and Fatigue
These powerpoint slides by Dr Simmonds contains some useful tips for those with Dysautonomia and Fatigue – the resource includes some tips on exercise strategies. Dysautonomia is an umbrella terminology for a variety of conditions, most commonly, Orthostatic Intolerance and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS). These conditions are highly correlated to HSDs and EDS. For more information on Dysautonomia you can visit my resource page here.
- Connecting the dots with EDS, POTS, MCAS, GI, Neurological and Physiotherapy in managing pain in EDS by Dr Pradeep Chopra (Assoc Prof in Pain Medicine) – 2018 presentation pdf here, video here.
2017 Documentary about ME/CFS: