Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) & Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders (HSD)
- Differential diagnosis of EDS and HSD can be quite challenging. This excellent Youtube video by Dr Alan Hakim discusses and compares the clinical and genetic features of EDS and HSD based the information from the latest 2017 EDS International Classification Guidelines.
- Royal College of General Practitioners – EDS diagnostic toolkit – this resource comes from a legitimate source and can be taken to your General Practitioner or Medical Specialists for discussion.
- Another excellent video to watch is presented by Dr Fransiska Malfait who has done a lot of research on EDS genetics. This video is on the Diagnosis of the Rarest Types of EDS.
- What is hypermobility syndrome?
- Types of Hypermobility Syndromes
- Hypermobility Disorders – an update for clinicians
- What are the Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes?
- 2017 International Classification of EDS and HSD – pdf of powerpoint slides including details of each classification type and some extra notes
- Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS) Subtypes
There are 13 subtypes associated with EDS and the details can be found in this resource.
- Summarised version of the diagnostic criteria for hEDS: Hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (hEDS) Checklist :