- Prevalence of gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, autonomic and allergic manifestations in hospitalized patients with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome: a case-control study by Brooks et al (2021) – abstract link here.
- Gastrointestinal and eating problems in women with Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes by Baeza-Velasco et al (2021) – abstract link here.
- Mast Cell Activation Syndrome: A Primer for the Gastroenterologist (2020) – full text here.
- Gastrointestinal Involvement in the Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes by Fikree et al (2017) (Free full text here)
- Increased Need for Gastrointestinal Surgery and Increased Risk of Surgery-Related Complications in Patients with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: A Systematic Review by Søborg et al (2017) [free full text and pdf]
- Connecting the dots with EDS, POTS, MCAS, GI, Neurological and Physiotherapy in managing pain in EDS by Dr Pradeep Chopra (Assoc Prof in Pain Medicine) – 2018 presentation here.
- Association between EDS and Gut Problems (YouTube video by Prof Qasim Aziz in 2016. Dr Aziz is a Professor in Neurogastroenterology)
- A low FODMAP diet and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
This resource is provided by Monash University and includes resources on definition the of IBS, FODMAPs, a 3-step diet guide and food list, and an app ($13 on Apple App Store).