- A 2021 retrospective study by Kindgren et al. on 201 children found a strong association between HSD, EDS and ADHD.
- EDS Summer Conference – July 2020 presentation slides by Consultant Psychiatrist Dr James Kustow on Neurodiversity – Supporting People with ADHD
Alternatively, the video can be viewed via this link by scrolling down to “Session 18”.
- Also a YouTube video by Dr Kustow discussing the potential links between hypermobility, dysautonomia and ADHD. Link here.
- Youtube video on “What is the link between joint hypermobility and anxiety?” by Dr Jessica Eccles, a Psychiatrist and research training fellow.
- 2020 open access research paper by Casanova et al highlighting the relationship between Autism and EDS/HSD.
Hyper/hypo activity, Inattention, Speech, Communication, Sleep, Feeding and Social Problems in Childhood
- A connective tissue disorder may underlie ESSENCE problems in childhood by Baeza-Velasco et al (2016) [free full text pdf]