- Prevalence of gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, autonomic and allergic manifestations in hospitalized patients with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome: a case-control study (2021) article by Brooks et al – abstract here.
- Compression Garment Reduces Orthostatic Tachycardia and Symptoms in Patients With Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) (2021) article published on the Journal of American College of Cardiology on the efficacy of using compression garment for POTS – full text (pdf) is accessible via this link
- Joint Hypermobility Syndrome and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome -HyPOTS by Mandel D et al (2017)– (free full text)
- Dysautonomia and its underlying mechanisms in the hypermobility type of Ehlers–Danlos syndrome by De Wande et al (2014) (Abstract here)
- Exercising versus propanolol for those with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome by Fu et al (2011) (free full text)
- this is a highly cited research paper justifying postural training for those with POTS to restore upright hemodynamics
- Dysautonomia, Orthostatic Intolerance and Fatigue Orthostatic Intolerance in HSD/hEDS by Prof Peter Rowe (YouTube Video)This is a really useful YouTube video published by the EDS Society on the physiology, clinical presentation and management of Orthostatic Intolerance (OI) (also commonly referred to as POTS, although we now understand POTS is a subcategory of OI).
- Autonomic Dysfunction in those with HSD/hEDS by Dr Alan Hakim– this article covers information on symptoms, laboratory testing and management
- Dysautonomia and Craniocervical Instability (CCI)
- Exercise and rehabilitation strategies: Powerpoint slides by Dr Jane Simmonds (2018) – Dysautonomia and Fatigue
- Dysautonomia International: Types and causes of Dysautonomia
- Dysautonomia Project: and its common coexisting conditions list