- Orthostatic Intolerance in HSD/EDS by Prof Peter Rowe (YouTube Video)
This is a really useful YouTube video published by the EDS Society on the physiology, clinical presentation and management of Orthostatic Intolerance (OI) (also commonly referred to as POTS, although we now understand POTS is a subcategory of OI).
Dr Rowe is fantastic at explaining such a complex medical topic and the inter-relationships between symptoms and other conditions. I have watched and re-watched this video many times so I highly recommend!
- Joint Hypermobility Syndrome and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (HyPOTS) by Mandel D et al (2017)– (free full text)
- Dysautonomia and its underlying mechanisms in the hypermobility type of Ehlers–Danlos syndrome by De Wande et al (2014) (Abstract here)
- The Dysautonomia Project.org
… and its common coexisting conditions list
… and the top 10 non-pharmacological treatments
… and the top 20 dyautonomia drugs
- Dysautonomia and Fatigue
These powerpoint slides by Dr Simmonds are also really useful for those with Dysautonomia and Fatigue – the resource includes some tips on exercise and rehabilitation strategies.
- Dysautonomia and Craniocervical Instability (CCI)
This is a YouTube presentation by Dr Fraser Henderson at the EDS Nashville Conference in 2019. He lectures on the anatomy, physiology and functions of the autonomic nervous system, including the system’s relationships with POTS, chiari, and CCI etc.
Slides from the Youtube presentation here.