Diagnosis – Subtypes & Checklists
- Hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (hEDS) Checklist
This contains a summarised version of the diagnostic criteria for hEDS.
- Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS) Subtypes
There are 13 subtypes associated with EDS and the details can be found in this resource.
‘Understanding Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder’, a book by Claire Smith
- This is a comprehensive resource written by Claire Smith about HSD, EDS and their associated comorbidities. I highly recommend this. It can be purchased from this website.
“Hypermobility Happy Hour” Podcast
- This is a series of Podcasts related to HSD, EDS and other connective tissue disorders by Dr Linda Bluestein and Kerry Gabrielson, a doctor and attorney respectively who are affected by the condition.
- The Podcasts can be accessed by iTunes, SoundCloud, or Apple Podcast by entering the search terms “Hypermobility Happy Hour” into these applications. The full list of episodes is located here. I have found the episodes on Food, Inflammation, Immunity, Mast Cell, Fatigue, Menses, and Migraines particularly interesting.
Orthostatic Intolerance (OI) and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)
- Prof Peter Rowe – Orthostatic Intolerance in HSD/EDS
This is a really useful YouTube video published by the EDS Society on the physiology, clinical presentation and management of Orthostatic Intolerance (OI) (also commonly referred to as POTS, although we now understand POTS is a subcategory of OI).
- Dr Anne Maitland – Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS): More than just “allergies”
A good video from the EDS Society about MCAS. I found the diagnostic criteria slide most useful.
Chronic Pain Management:
- Living Well With Pain by Ben Cormack a musculoskeletal therapist from Cor-Kinetic
This resource contains patient-focused messages and personal stories from people living with chronic pain.