- Zheng RTJ, Chen X, Johnston V. Workplace-Based Exercise Intervention Improves Work Ability in Office Workers: A Cluster Randomised Controlled Trial. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2019; 16 (15): 2633.
- Chen X, O’Leary S, Johnston V. Modifiable individual and work-related factors associated with neck pain in 740 office workers: results of a cross-sectional study. Brazilian Journal of Physical Therapy. 2018 Jul-Aug;22(4):318-327.
- Pereira M, Comans T, O’Leary S, Straker L, Melloh M, Sjøgaard G, Chen X, Johnston V. The impact of workplace ergonomics and neck-specific exercise versus ergonomics and health promotion education interventions on health-related productivity in office workers using an employer’s perspective: A cluster-randomised trial. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment & Health. 2019 Jan 1; 45(1): 42-52.
- Chen X, Coombes BK, Sjøgaard G, Jun D, O’Leary S, Johnston V. Workplace-based interventions for neck pain in office workers: systematic review and meta-analysis. Physical Therapy. 2018; 98(1): 40-62
- Treleaven J, Chen X, Sarig-Bahat H. Factors associated with cervical kinematic impairments in patients with neck pain. Manual Therapy.2016;22:109-115.
- Sarig-Bahat H, Takasaki H, Chen X, Treleaven J. Cervical kinematic training with and without an interactive virtual reality device for chronic neck pain – a pilot randomized clinical trial. Physiotherapy. 2015;101:e1535-e1536.
- Sarig-Bahat H, Chen X, Reznik D, Treleaven J. Interactive cervical motion kinematics: Sensitivity, specificity and clinically significant values for identifying kinematic impairments in patients with chronic neck pain. Manual Therapy.2015;20(2):295.
- Chen X, Treleaven J. The effect of neck torsion on joint position error in subjects with chronic neck pain. Manual Therapy. 2013;18(6):562-7.
Research Conference Presentations:
- Chen X, Coombes B, Sjøgaard G, Jun D, O’Leary S, Johnston V. Workplace-based interventions for neck pain in office workers – a systematic review and meta-analysis. Prevention of work-related musculoskeletal disorders (PREMUS) conference, Toronto, Canada. June 2016.
- Chen X, Coombes B, Sjøgaard G, Jun D, O’Leary S, Johnston V. Workplace-based interventions for neck pain in office workers – a systematic review and meta-analysis. Australian Physiotherapy Association conference, Gold Coast, Australia. October 2015.
- Chen X, Treleaven J. What is the effect of neck torsion on joint position error in subjects with neck pain? Three-Minute Thesis Competition (Finalist), Undergraduate Research Conference. September 2012.
- Evidence for interventions to reduce and prevent neck pain in office workers. University of Queensland Physiotherapy Student Lecture, 2016-2017.
- Promoting health in the workplace- the role of exercise. University of Queensland Physiotherapy Student Lecture, 2015.
Physio Network Research Review Contributions:
- Physio Network Issue 20 (July 2019) – Prevention, assessment, prognosis, and treatment of concussion syndrome
- Physio Network Issue 17 (April 2019) – Dizziness, unsteadiness, visual disturbances, and sensorimotor control in traumatic neck pain – clinical commentary
- Physio Network Issue 14 (January 2019) – Clinical course and prognostic models for the conservative management of cervical radiculopathy: a prospective cohort study
- Critical Appraisal of Research Evidence. Physiotec Physiotherapy Staff Inservice, 2019.